Friday Harbor boys top Prescott in shootout, advance to state semifinal against Orcas Island
Friday Harbor — after finishing two halves and two overtime periods knotted 2-2 — topped Prescott by going 3-0 in the shootout of a Class 1B/2B Boys State Soccer Tournament quarterfinal Saturday, Nov. 13 at Richland High School. The Wolverines (11-5) advance to a semifinal against Orcas Island (16-2) at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 19 at Sunset Chev Stadium in Sumner.
Friday Harbor junior Nicholas Al-Gattas drives the winning shot past the Orcas Island goalie during the Wolverines' 2-1 victory over the previous unbeaten Vikings on Thursday, Oct. 14 at Linde Fields. Matt Pranger photo
Junior Eric Corbin, sophomore Alden Carli and freshman Cole Curtis drilled the shootout goals for the Wolverines and junior goalkeeper Luke Totten slammed the door on Tiger shooters. Junior Zachary Place and Carli scored Friday Harbor’s regulation goals.
Top-seeded Orcas advanced to the top four by blanking eighth-seeded Puget Sound Adventist 5-0 Friday, Nov. 12. Orcas and Friday Harbor split their Northwest B League matches this season. The winner of the rubber match between the Vikings and Wolverines will play in the state championship at 5 p.m Saturday, Nov. 20. The loser plays in the consolation match at 1 p.m. Both contests are at Sunset Chev Stadium.
- SLIDESHOW: Orcas Island soccer team follows winning script to 1st state championship
- SLIDESHOW ADDED - VIKINGS are STATE CHAMPS!!!!
- SLIDESHOW: Friday Harbor boys soccer team takes 4th at state tourney
- Orcas Vikings beat Friday Harbor Wolverines 2-0 at state; play for Championship at 5 p.m. Saturday
- SLIDESHOW: Friday Harbor, Orcas Island soccer teams in historic state final-four match