UPDATED: Friday Harbor shuts out Crosspoint, advances to Bi-District Baseball Championship
Friday Harbor shut out Crosspoint 9-0 in the first round of the 2019 Class 2B Bi-District Baseball Tournament Thursday, May 9 at Hartman Field. The Wolverines next face Concrete in the Bi-District Championship at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 11 at Janicki Fields in Sedro-Woolley.
“The boys really picked it up for the playoff game,” said Friday Harbor coach Rich Warin. “They had a great practice Wednesday and took that into the game.”
Marshal Clark earned the win. He struck out seven, gave up three hits and walked three in earning the win. The senior also rapped a single, smacked a triple in the Wolverines’ three-run first inning and had two RBI. Senior Nick Herko ripped a single and double and drove in two runs. Senior Yadir Plaza and junior Gavin Flaum each contributed two base hits and two RBI.
Friday Harbor improves to 13-2 and Crosspoint drops to 12-5.
Concrete (7-8) advanced to the Bi-District title contest after a 16-10 comeback victory over Seattle Lutheran (12-5) on May 9. The Lions trailed the Saints 10-6 in the seventh inning but scored four times to knot the game and added six runs in the extra inning.
The Bi-District champion earns the District No. 1 and 2’s top seed to the state tourney. The loser of the title game plays for Bi-District’s other state seed in the consolation final against the Seattle Lutheran-Crosspoint winner.
- Friday Harbor baseball wins 5-3
- Friday Harbor blanks Concrete for Bi-District title, earns trip to state
- Combining hard work and “fun” fuels Friday Harbor baseball dynasty
- Friday Harbor hosts Crosspoint Thursday in Bi-District baseball playoff
- Friday Harbor clobbers Concrete, secures league baseball title
- SLIDESHOW ADDED: Wolverine baseball team twice lop Loggers in league finales
- Friday Harbor sweeps Lions in baseball DH, clinches share of league title
- Wolverines conquer Vikings on baseball diamond
- Friday Harbor blanks Darrington in baseball
- Friday Harbor sweeps Orcas in baseball DH
- Trojans defeat Wolverine baseball squad
- Friday Harbor blanks Sultan in baseball
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories