Friday Harbor Wolverines golf beats Orcas Vikings 258-264
- Written by Wolverine Coach Jack Rice
Golf Update by Coach Jack Rice: Friday Harbor opened the golf season against Orcas, one of our arch rivals. It was a great match and came down to the last few holes to determine a winner. For the first match of the season both teams played extremely well.
Friday Harbor Senior Dylan Posenjak was medalist for the match with a fine 42. He was followed by junior, Peter Kulseth, sophomore, Levi Doenges and freshman, Ethan Havel. All these golfers played for the team last year.
The golf team allows 8th graders to practice and play with the team. Levi and Ethan both took advantage of the opportunity last spring; we can see how this has really paid off. Rounding out the top 5 was senior, Sean Chevalier, first year golfer. Sean joined the team after the lacrosse team disbanded for lack of enough players. I wish he would have come out for golf as a freshman; he has a lot of natural talent.
The Orcas team has a lot of potential this year. Returning letterman Leaf Gustafson turned in a nice round of 45. The twins, Maia and Zoe Lewis Shunk, are back as only sophomores. They both have fine games and I expect them both to compete at the State level this year.
As Coach, I am really impressed with the athletic ability of the team this year. With the rain and poor spring weather, we have only had about two weeks of practice. When I look at the depth of this team, it is impossible for me to pick the top 6 players. We have Joe, Ian, Weston, Chase, Julian, Alen and Isaac all knocking at the door. This is a great problem to have.
We will travel to Anacortes on Thursday to take on Mt. Vernon Christian. They have given us the OK to bring two teams, so the top 12 will get to see action on a different golf course.
Golf Match March 20, 2018
Friday Harbor 258 vs Orcas 264
Friday Harbor Golf Team
Dylan Posenjak 42
Peter Kulseth 46
Ethan Havel 51
Levi Doenges 53
Sean Chevalier 56
(Top 5 258)
Joe Kaden 56
Ian Volk 57
Weston Swirtz 59
Chase Wilson 59
Aiden Shannon 60
Julian Brown 61
Alen Melic 62
Isaac Brumsickle 64
Logan Border 74
Finn Cullen 75
Alex McIntire 75
Orcas Golf Team
Leaf Gustafson 45
Maia Lewis Shunk 48
Siri O’Toole 52
Zoe Lewis Shunk 53
Joe Brown 64
(Top 5 262)
Joe Reigel DNF
- Lobos beat Wolverines April 30 on Lopez Island
- Results of May 3 Friday Harbor Invitational at San Juan Golf Club
- MVC golf team beats Friday Harbor 192 to 220
- Friday Harbor golf team beats La Conner at home
- Friday Harbor golfers get in some strategic practice during Spring Break
- Vikings beat Wolverines by three strokes
- Friday Harbor golf team beats Grace Academy
- Wolverine golfers beat LaConner Braves 187-233
- Friday Harbor beats Lummi Nation 130-89; plays Cedar Park March 28
- Wolverines beat Vikings in March 14 golf match 177-185
- Wolverines win first golf match of season 207-258
- 7 of 10 spots for hs state golf tourney captured by Lopez and Orcas players
- 3 Wolverines advance to golf Bi-Districts
- Mount Vernon dominates 5th Annual Friday Harbor Invitational - 2018
- Wolverines eke out win over Vikings in sudden death golf playoff April 24, 2018
- Wolverines under-shoot Lobos 248-258 April 26, 2018
- No match, but Wolverines hit the links anyway
- Lobos beat Wolverines 142-146 in match at Lopez Island Golf Course
Custom dissertation writing service Thursday, 22 March 2018 23:30 Comment Link Report
I really liked your blog quite educational and remarkable information’s and your blog post even the comments are very useful in enhancing the information regarding the theme.