Friday Harbor girls place second in Bi-District
- Written by Matt Pranger
Friday Harbor High School girls basketball squad placed second in the Class 2B 2018 Bi-District Basketball Tournament after losing 38-19 to La Conner in the championship game Friday, Feb. 16 at Sedro-Woolley High School.
Kiana Woods puts up a jump shot. John Stimpson photo
Orcas Island defeated Seattle Lutheran 40-28 in the Bi-District consolation final. The Wolverines (11-11), Braves (19-3) and Vikings (10-8) move on to the regional round of the state tournament Feb. 23-24. Opponents, sites, dates and times will be posted Sunday, Feb. 18 on the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s website. (http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1718)
Friday Harbor trailed La Conner 8-5 after the first quarter but the Wolverine offense scored a point to the Braves’ 15 in the second period. The Wolverines limited the Braves to 16 points in the second half, and their offense started to get on track but they couldn’t overcome the deficit.
La Conner scored nearly four times as many free-throw points as Friday Harbor: The Braves went 11-for-19 from the line while the Wolverines were 3-for-8.
The Wolverines’ scorers were: Leah Black 6, Kiona Woods 4, Bailee Lambright 4, Savannah Hoffman 2, Ava Hoffman 2 and Liz Cruz 1. The Braves’ scorers were: Matty Lagerwey 15, Avery Sloniker 10, Ketelina O’Brien 6, Justine Benson 4 and Raven Edwards 3. BRACKETS for REGIONAL and STATE
Savannah Hoffman lays one up. John Stimpson photo
Tori Polda for a two-point lay up. John Stimpson photo
Bailee Lambright puts up a jump shot. John Stimpson photo
- Friday Harbor girls finish season among state’s best
- Wolverine girls season ends at regionals
- State basketball tournament: Friday Harbor boys vs. Oroville, girls vs. Tri-Cities Prep
- Wolverine girls overpower Seattle Lutheran, clinch state regional berth
- Wolverines ready for playoffs
- Dec. 2: Wilson beats Friday Harbor girls basketball (PHOTOS)
- Dec. 15: Hurricanes beat Wolverines girls - SLIDESHOW
- Jan. 26: Braves beat Wolverines girls - SLIDESHOW
- Jan. 19: Wolverine girls basketball beat Darrington - SLIDESHOW
- Wolverine girls basketball beat Lions 50-15
- Wolverine girls basketball team by the numbers and links to slideshows
- Wolverine girls upend Vikings in overtime, lock up District’s No. 2 seed
- Friday Harbor girls rally, top Orcas Island with buzzer-beater - Slideshow added