SLIDESHOW ADDED: Wolverine baseball team twice lop Loggers in league finales
Friday Harbor finished 2019 Northwest 2B/1B League baseball action undefeated after posting 5-1 and 10-0 victories over Darrington Friday, May 3 at Hartman Field.
Nick Herko slides into third. Matt Pranger photos
The Wolverines, 9-0 in conference and 12-2 overall, next host a Class 2B Bi-District Tournament game Thursday, May 9. They will face the winner of a May 7 loser-out contest between Orcas Island (4-7) and Crosspoint (10-5).
Marshall Clark threw a two-hitter in the Wolverines’ first victory against Darrington. The senior fanned 12 Loggers and also helped his winning cause by singling twice and driving in two runs. Senior Lucas Chevalier ripped two doubles. Junior Gavin Mason doubled and had two RBI.
Mason earned the win in the second game by striking out five and allowing only two hits. Chevalier again doubled twice and drove in three runs. Junior Gavin Flaum smacked a double and had two RBI. Freshman Dylan Roberson hit two singles and scored three times.
- Friday Harbor baseball wins 5-3
- Friday Harbor blanks Concrete for Bi-District title, earns trip to state
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor shuts out Crosspoint, advances to Bi-District Baseball Championship
- Combining hard work and “fun” fuels Friday Harbor baseball dynasty
- Friday Harbor hosts Crosspoint Thursday in Bi-District baseball playoff
- Friday Harbor clobbers Concrete, secures league baseball title
- Friday Harbor sweeps Lions in baseball DH, clinches share of league title
- Wolverines conquer Vikings on baseball diamond
- Friday Harbor blanks Darrington in baseball
- Friday Harbor sweeps Orcas in baseball DH
- Trojans defeat Wolverine baseball squad
- Friday Harbor blanks Sultan in baseball
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories