2018: Zuke racers: enthusiastic, inventive, competitive - SLIDESHOW
- Written by Sharon
- Published in County Fair
- 0 comments
The annual Zucchini 500 races attracted competitors of all ages at the 2018 San Juan County Fair. Crowds cheered as the wacky contraptions zipped down the two lanes. A new twist on Chicken Races was added after the Zuke racers were done. The chickens didn't seem to care if they won.
And on the final day of the Fair, the ever popular Ramp of Death was set up. And many of the racers took one final destructive ride.
All photos by Matt Pranger
Last modified onTuesday, 18 June 2019 13:29
Latest from Sharon
- San Juan Island PHD meeting notes: Paramedic Weyshawn Koons received national award
- March 25: Celebrate San Juan National Monument's 10th anniversary in Friday Harbor
- $53K fine issued San Juan sand and gravel mine for water quality violations
- Mary (Molly) Frances O'Brien Killoran May 1940 - February 2023
- April 10-May 23: Introduction to Woodworking Course Offered by the EDC on Orcas Island