2018: Fair feud, Zucchini races, and more at San Juan County Fair - SLIDESHOW
- Written by Sharon
- Published in County Fair
- 1 comment
It's the Town vs the County at the Fair Feud at 4 p.m. Saturday, August 18 at the San Juan County Fair. The Town of Friday Harbor team beat the Port of Friday Harbor team Friday and San Juan County's team beat Market Chef's team on Thursday setting up the Saturday's final match.
During breaks in the game, while the board is readied for the next round, audience members competed in watermelon eating contests and bubble gum blowing.
At 5 p.m. the Zucchini 500 racers roar down the track at the Skatepark. Competition has been fierce every evening.
Photos by Matt Pranger
Fairgoers have enjoyed a variety of musical acts each day and night.
Latest from Sharon
- San Juan Island PHD meeting notes: Paramedic Weyshawn Koons received national award
- March 25: Celebrate San Juan National Monument's 10th anniversary in Friday Harbor
- $53K fine issued San Juan sand and gravel mine for water quality violations
- Mary (Molly) Frances O'Brien Killoran May 1940 - February 2023
- April 10-May 23: Introduction to Woodworking Course Offered by the EDC on Orcas Island
Rich warin Saturday, 18 August 2018 16:19 Comment Link Report
Scott Bell does an awesome job with the Zucchini races. A high-lite this year for my Malia and I. Thanks Scott!!