Islanders model their Trashion Fashion
Trish Lehman described the inspiration for the outfits as islanders sashayed their way across the lawn and onto the stage at this year's Trashion Fashion show at the San Juan County Fair. Outfits included ones made from a 25-pound popcorn bag from the movie theater, old fair t-shirts, matchbooks, and a large blue tarp.
Pieces of a survival suit and other debris found at the FH UW Labs made for a colorful outfit. Photos by Sharon Kivisto
Francie Hansen, who's organized the event for years, followed Kevin Roth and wrapped up the show. Noting her cow-hide-like dress, Lehman said Francie will continue organizing the event until the "cows come home".
Kevin Roth puts the finishing touches on his outfit.
- Racing contraptions compete in Zucchini 500
- Slideshow: Livestock Auction, animal exhibits
- Town team wins Fair Feud at the 2017 San Juan County Fair
- Quilts, scarecrows and hive, Oh My
- Island Loop Run: Kelly and Liguori first man and woman across the finish line
- Horse games at the 2017 San Juan County Fair - slideshow