San Juan County's 2023 Lodging Tax Grant Application is now live. Applications are due by September 29, 2023 at 5:00pm.
San Juan County has established a tourism facilities program, funded by a portion of the revenue collected under the State Lodging Tax excise statutes and is seeking proposals from qualified entities interested in:
- Funding single project proposals concerned with acquiring, improving or developing facilities for enhancing the tourism experience; and/or
- Grants for operating tourism facilities that enhance the tourism experience; and/or
- Grants for events that draw tourists; and/or
- Projects that carry out the goals of the San Juan County LTAC Tourism Master Plan.
The expected outcome of the funded activities is to increase economic activity in San Juan County in 2023 and beyond through the overnight lodging of tourists, through tourism-related expenditures, and construction of tourism-related facilities. Program categories are funded thru either the Promotional or the Facilities portions of LTAC funds. Program categories are:
- Emphasis on Tourism facilities capital program (only for facilities in which the County has an ownership position)
- Grants for Special Events and Festivals designed to attract tourists,
- Grants for operation of existing eligible tourism facilities that meet the criteria of this RFP and the long-range tourism plan (including, but not limited to historic museums, performing arts, visual arts)
- Special Investments that help to accomplish objectives of the LTAC Master Plan (available online at: http://sanjuanco.com/614/Lodging-Tax-Advisory-Committee)
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 29, 2023 and all projects must be completed in this funding cycle by DECEMBER 31, 2024.
For information and an application packet visit the County’s website at: http://sanjuanco.com/614/Lodging-Tax-Advisory-Committee.
For questions, contact Sally Rogers at the office of County Council (360) 370-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests by mail should be sent to:
San Juan County
Lodging Tax Facilities Grant Program
350 Court Street #1
Friday Harbor, WA 98250