Changes to Washington State Ferries fares begin Sunday, October 1, 2023. The changes include a 4.25 percent general fare increase for passengers and vehicles and a 1 percent increase for the multiride card.
October 1, is also the first day with no peak season surcharge for vehicles. It resumes May 1, 2024. The Washington State Transportation Commission’s rate changes can be viewed online.
Use WSF's online calendar to calculate your fares for the days you’ll be traveling.
2023-2025 Fare Changes
Based upon input from Washington State Ferries, the Ferry Advisory Committee on Tariff (FAC-T), and the general public, the Commission adopted the following changes to ferry fares:
- Effective October 1, 2023: 4.25% general fare increase for passengers and vehicles.
- Effective October 1, 2024: 4.25% general fare increase for passengers and vehicles.
- Effective October 1, 2023–September 30, 2025: Increase the multiride discount by an additional 1%.
- Amended the regulation for a ferry fuel surcharge to ensure a ferry fuel surcharge can only be implemented after review and approval by the Commission.
Impact of Fare Changes by Route
- To see how this proposal will impact more common fares by route, please review this Summary Fare Table (pdf 710kb.)
- To see the detailed changes proposed for all fares and routes, along with the changes to the ferry fuel surcharge rule, please refer to the complete fare regulation (pdf 370kb) which contains the actual amendatory language.